A Closer Look: Senior Account Manager
With differing job titles on every application, ‘A Closer Look’ was created to offer a real insight into what the people behind the titles get up to at work. For the first in the series, Oonagh Spence from Havas PR tells us what being a Senior Account Manager involves.
- What is your official job title? Senior Account Manager
- What does your average day involve (if an average day even exists)? Researching the media, pitching news stories to journalists, writing copy, attending client meetings, brainstorming new campaigns, approving photography and meeting journalists
- What are the biggest challenges of your job? Hitting the phones to the media in such a noisy space and learning when to say no to a client
- What do you enjoy most about your job? The creativity to come up with completely random ideas and then see them in action in the paper or on TV
- What advice would you give to anyone wanting to get into a similar position? Get as much experience as possible and perfect your interview technique – its all in the first 5 minutes
Thanks to Oonagh for getting on board with this project. If you work in the media/creative industry and have five minutes to spare to help create this careers resource, please have a read about the project here.